The 2020 OT class had a total of eighteen players drafted. Bear in mind that there is always some debate as to whether a guy is an interior or OT, mind you. What won't be debated is the total of six OTs coming off the board in Round 1. That's an unprecedented number that the 2021 class won't touch. There is real good talent to be had here though.
1) Penei Sewell | 6'5 | 325 | OT | Oregon -
Sewell boasts excellent size and functional strength to match. While his kick slide doesn't always appear to be on an elite level, you seldom see him get beat on arch rushes, even against quick DE/Edges. He plays with strong grip strength, evidenced by how well he controls defenders once latched on. He's a mauling blocker, one who exhibits good leg drive as he drives/steers his man off the ball. He plays threw the whistle with a nasty disposition, finishes his blocks. While his quickness could be improved, he has plenty of tape showing his ability to transition off of chips and work up to the second level.
2) Alex Leatherwood | 6'5 | 310 | OT | Alabama -
Leatherwood is a versatile O-Lineman who's lined up at OG and OT, looking really good at both. He's a natural mover, one who gets into his defender quickly and neutralizes him . He's typically a wall in pass pro, while providing a good push as a run blocker. At times, he will let blocks slip off or simply not completely finish the play. While this isn't an issue overall, you do want to see more spunk from him at times. He has all the tools to be a very good blind side for years to come.
3) Jackson Carman | 6'5 | 345 | OT | Clemson
4) Jalen Mayfield | 6'5 | 319 | OT | Michigan -
Mayfield has excellent size and plays with good fluidity. While he may be able to kick over and play LT, he looks natural at RT. He has a decent kick slide coupled with good mirroring abilities. He handles power and distributes his weight accordingly to manage power players. If not driving his man in the outside run game, he'll at least set the edge and give his back enough time to clear the LOS. There are technical flaws to his game, however. In his pass sets, he'll sometimes catch the defender vs. landing a well-timed punch. This could make him suspect to elite bull rushers at the next level. Additionally, his stance and set up is vastly different when it's a pass vs. run. This is a dead give away to defenders who could capitalize accordingly at times if well-coached. He impressed vs. Alabama in the Citrus Bowl.
5) Rasheed Walker | 6'5 | 324 | OT | Penn State
6) Walker Little | 6'6 | 312 | OT | Stanford -
Walker is a long, fluid blindside protector who looks the part when healthy. He's a natural knee-bender who mirrors well in pass protection. While fluid, he handles strength well and exhibits some of his own in handling bull rushes. In the run game, he routinely keeps his hands tight and inside and controls his man. At times, you will see Walker plays with some real dominance and bullying. This big knock on Walker is his knee health, as he's missed plenty of time dealing with injuries. A lot will hinge on his medical evaluation.
7) Samuel Cosmi | 6'5 | 295 | OT | Texas -
Cosmi is a very sound, technical blocker who carries out his assignments well. In pass protection, he displays a good kick slide and is able to ride defenders wide when facing an arch rush. He isn't real heavy which nor does he play with great anchor strength. He can too often get jacked back against bull rushes, not always able to reset. As a run blocker, he's accustomed to landing back side down blocks well. When going head up, he'll at minimum hem his man up long enough for plays to develop. If he can get bigger and stronger, he should be just fine.
8) Abraham Lucas | 6'6 | 320 | OT | Washington State
9) Liam Eichenburg | 6'5 | 305 | OT | Notre Dame
10) Thayer Munford | 6'5 | 310 | OT | Ohio State
11) Rashawn Slater | 6'4 | 305 | OT | Northwestern
12) Alaric Jackson | 6'6 | 320 | OT | Iowa
11) Daniel Faalele | 6'8 | 400 | OT | Minnesota
13) Dillon Radunz | 6'6 | 300 | OT | North Dakota State
15) Adrian Ealey | 6'5 | 328 | OT | Oklahoma
16) Landon Young | 6'6 | 320 | OT | Kentucky
17) Calvin Ashley | 6'5 | 330 | OT | Florida A&M
18) Cole Van Lanen | 6'5 | 311 | OT | Wisconsin
19) Cade Mays | 6'5 | 328 | OT | Tennessee
20) D'Ante Smith | 6'4 | 325 | OT | East Carolina
21) Foster Sarrell | 6'7 | 311 | OT | Stanford
22) Stone Forsythe | 6'6 | 330 | OT | Florida
23) Austin Deculus | 6'6 | 320 | OT | LSU
24) Ben Petrula | 6'5 | 310 | OT | Boston College
25) Tyler Vrabel | 6'5 | 310 | OT | Boston College